In order to support the MEDT efforts in terms of approximation of the Ukraine public procurement legislation to the EU acquis and the successful and timely implementation of the Public Procurement Reform Strategy/Road-Map, during 2017 the Project will be developing simple user-friendly guidelines of a descriptive nature on practical aspects of the public procurement process.
These Guidelines are aimed at procuring entities and business interests. Such material is important for ensuring the efficient implementation of the reforms envisaged in the Public Procurement Reform Strategy/Road-Map in the coming period, including the new procedures and concepts to be included in this reform.
Four (in a series of nine) Guidelines have been already prepared by the Project:
- Life cycle costing in public procurement and Abnormally low tenders
- Simple steps towards green procurement
- How to participate in public tenders
- How to appeal public tenders
Other Guidelines in the series will address the following:
- Prequalification and Bidder Selection
- What is public contracting and how to plan and manage contracts
- Award criteria other than price
- How to monitor public tenders
- How to prepare tender documentation